There are no shortcuts to becoming a teacher in all physical education. A good physical education teacher needs to do his own professional development to keep up with the times and learn new techniques to motivate his students. The five tips below are simple, but many PE teachers do not feel stressed on a daily basis.
- Be willing to acquire more knowledge: as a good physical education teacher, you want to learn new activities and games and incorporate them into your study plans. A teacher who is never satisfied with the acquisition of knowledge is a good teacher. As a good physical education teacher, you ought to never be content with teaching the similar skills repeatedly, year after year. You must investigate and find new games to introduce in your class. By introducing new games, this will not only allow students to learn new skills, but also have fun to learn new skills.
- Be encouraging: this allows students to help build trust and reduce doubts and failures. This is important because as the teacher, you must trust your students. When she encourages her student and says that she has done a good job of meeting a certain skill, that motivates the child and helps develop confidence and self-esteem. The opposite criticizes a student. By doing this, you are destroying the student’s confidence. If you tell a child that he or she has done an awful job performing a skill or using school PE equipment, it will not only destroy the self-esteem of the students but also reduce their desire to participate in your gym class. This should not be the goal of any physical education teacher.
- Be passionate about teaching: it is important to be passionate about what you teach. If you are not passionate and dedicate all your time, students will think about it. It is important that your students see their passion for physical education and, in return, they can also become passionate and want to live an active and healthy life.
- Stay organized: Being organized is an important and a good skill for a teacher. If you are just going to teach a lesson about the volleyball team, it is important to have an organized presentation, a physical activity and at least three adjustment activities designed and planned in advance so that the class works smoothly and efficiently.
- Keep the focus on safety: the safety of your students is one of the most important things, if not the most important. A good education teacher should always focus on injury control. You want your students to have fun, but you also want them to have fun in a safe and orderly environment. It is important that you establish safety guidelines for your students and consider the consequences if they do not follow these rules when using school PE equipment.